Featured image: Cosmopolitan
Header image: Pinterest
Getting ready in the morning can be quite a laborious task at times, and more often than not there just isn’t enough time! We want to look put-together and presentable but don’t want to spend hours doing so. There are plenty of hair tutorials on Pinterest and blogs, but seriously some of them take forever and that’s if you can even do them. Luckily there are easy and chic hairstyles that you can do in less than 10 minutes. They’re basically foolproof. So no more stressing about your luscious locks because I’m certain that you will find the right hairdo.
The chignon is a classic look that looks very put-together, yet it is easy and quick to do.It is great for work too. Here is how:
- Start by twisting both sides of your hair and then fasten your hair in a low ponytail at the nape of your neck
- Make a small hole between the base of your head and the ponytail, and then pull the hair through.
- Roll up the remaining hair and then fasten it securely with bobby pins. *Note: you may need quite a few bobby pins to ensure that the hair is well fastened.
Half Up Side Braid
I love the simplicity of this style. It’s great for when you want to wear your hair down, but still want to keep it out of your face. This is how to achieve the look:
- Part your hair as desired
- Choose which side you will be doing the braid on. Now part your hair for the piece you will be braiding.
- Holding the selected piece taught, begin to braid your hair. Ensure that the rest of your hair is out of the way.
- Once the braid is completed, fasten it with a hair tie or bobby pins.
- Pull on the braids to loosed them a bit.
- Style or curl the rest of your hair if you wish.
Source: Lauren Mcbride
The Messy Bun
I love the look of this. It’s casual yet still stylish and easy to achieve. This one is great especially when you really do not have a lot of time. Directions:
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail and tie.
- When looping the hair elastic around the last time, pull your hair through it but not all the way. Allow the ponytail to to be pulled through half way.
- Pull on the bun to loosen it a bit.
- Now take the tail and wrap it around the base of the ponytail ( where the hair-tie is)
- Tuck the end into the hair-tie and fasten with some bobby pins for extra support.
The Twisted Halo
A super cute and easy look to achieve in a matter of minutes. Here’s how:
- Take a section of hair from around eye level and twist it. Now pin it at the back to the middle of your head.
- Repeat with the other side of your head. This time tuck this piece of twisted hair behind the first piece of twisted hair. Pin.
- You’re done! It’s that quick and easy.
The Twisted Crown Braid
This hairstyle is honestly a lot easier than it looks. I love a half-up do. Anyone else? Especially when its hot I get all hot and bothered with my hair in my face. But wearing a half up-do, such as this one, I can still wear my hair down but have it slightly pulled back in a chic manner. Follow these steps to get the look:
- Take a triangle piece of hair near your parting.
- Divide it into two sections
- Add a new section of hair to the front piece and a new section of hair to the back piece.
- Now twist the sections together with the front piece going over the back piece.
- Once you reach the back of your head stop adding new pieces and simply twist the two pieces together. Twist it to the end and tie with a clear hair-tie.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Place your index finger and thumb through one of the loops on one of the twists. Now pull through the other twist.
- Fasten with some bobby pins to make it more stable.
- I know this sounds very confusing, but here is a video to take you through the steps.
Source: Twist Me Pretty
Quick Half Knot
This is probably the quickest hair-do of them all. Simply section off a bit of hair at the top of your head and then wrap it around and fasten with a hair-tie and bobby pins. You can use a texturing spray on your loose hair to give it a more dishevelled look. That is literally it!
I personally love the side braid and the half knot. Do you have a favourite? Share this with someone who needs some hair inspiration.